4th Annual Virtual Prep for Call Course (for PGY2). Information coming soon!
This 2 day virtual course is to provide a review of essential and pertinent material geared towards junior radiology residents preparing for call. Using a combination of interactive case-based lectures and immersive case-based on-call scenarios in our Simulation Centre, we aim to address the medical expert and non-medical expert CanMeds roles by covering the important don’t-miss diagnoses and useful algorithms in all major systems. The course will also cover important concepts including protocolling, effective consultation and communication, handy tips about maximizing the yield of your studying, improving time management and dealing with stress.
- Interactive case-based lectures highlighting don’t-miss diagnoses and useful algorithms in all major systems
- Useful tips for improving your effectiveness as a consultant on call, managing time and preventing burnout!
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and assess the significance of key imaging findings encountered in common on-call presentations
- Make appropriate recommendations to optimize patient care in the setting of acute imaging pathologies.
- Explore strategies to avoid burnout and maintain a productive work and personal life throughout your training
Junior Radiology Residents as well as interested senior medical students or any other trainees who may find this practical ( working foreign trained radiologists looking for a basic review)