Breast Imaging Update: Sept. 27-28, 2019
Under the direction of Drs. Jean Seely and Jacqueline Lau, this 2 day course returns to offer a series of lectures by internationally and locally recognized faculty, including guest lecturer, Dr. Jessica Leung, Section Chief of Breast Imaging at MD Anderson Cancer Center. This course will take place over two days, Friday September 27 and Saturday September 28 2019. Friday and Saturday morning will consist of lectures and cases, with an optional hands-on tomosynthesis workshop offered on Saturday afternoon.
- Updates on Canadian breast screening guidelines with an emphasis on dense breasts
- Imaging of Triple Negative Cancer, Premenopausal Cancer and Neoadjuvant Therapy
- Improving Specificity of Breast MRI
- Technical Factors and Missed Breast Cancer
- participate in (optional $) hands-on tomosynthesis workshop
1. Apply appropriate updated BI-RADS lexicon to mammography, ultrasound and MRI breast imaging reporting
2. Recognize the importance of an integrated multidisciplinary approach to screening, diagnosis and management of a patient with breast cancer
3. Summarize updated concepts and controversies in breast pathology, surgery and oncology
4. Demonstrate the benefits and applications of tomosynthesis and ultrasound in breast cancer screening and diagnosis
5. Describe the multidisciplinary approach required to initiate a radioactive seed localization program including review of the benefits for patients, radiologists and surgeons
6. Identify expected post surgical appearances following common breast cancer surgeries and develop imaging strategies to detect early breast cancer recurrence
Target audience: Radiologists, Technologists, Residents and Fellows.